The main aim of establishing the Eco Club was to create eco-friendly environment and create awareness of biodiversity conservation and local environmental issues among students and to create a clean and green consciousness among students through various activities.
It is a forum through which students can reach out of influence, engage their parents and neighbourhood communities to promote sound environmental behaviour and empower student’s to participate and take up meaningful environmental activities and projects.
The objectives of Eco Club
- To motivate the students to keep their surrounding green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- To motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places.Etc.
The activities held in year 2019 -20
- Go Green painting activity : The motive behind this fun filled activity was to enable the pupil to exhibit their creativity also to encourage others for plantation. Under this activity students painted their own T-shirts with Eco-friendly Green colour with logo – ‘GO GREEN.’
- Nature Trail : The members of Eco – club of our school organized the nature trail of students of std. VI with help of students of Forestry Department , Dr. B.S.K.K.V., Dapoli. Our students got information about the poisonous & non-poisonous snakes, medicinal and other plants along with its uses, wild spiders, etc.
- Plantation : To preserve our environment we should plant more & more trees. To promote this message our school’s Eco- club contributed to the green revolution, on Friday,24th September 2019.As a gratitude towards the environment the Eco-club conducted an activity of ‘Plantation.’ In school’s surrounding area.
Herb cultivation : To let the pupil understand the process of cultivating and to sensitize them about nature, Eco Club organized an activity named EAT HEALTHY BE HEALTHY. Under this activity the members of Eco Club cultivated the vegetable, observed growth of the plants, plucked the vegetable carefully, and cooked the vegetable. The ready to eat vegetable was distributed among Eco Club members as well as teaching and non-teaching staff. It tasted really yummy. The feeling of contentment and elation on the faces of the pupil proved that the activity was a grand success as it really taught them various things.